SwitchYard is a component-based development framework focused on building structured, maintainable services and applications using the concepts and best practices of SOA. It works with Apache Camel to provide a fast, simple, flexible integration runtime with comprehensive connectivity and transports. A uniform application model augments Apache Camel, joining Java EE, BPM, rules, orchestration, and routing into a cohesive development model and runtime. Common functionality and cross-cutting concerns - validation, transformation and policy - are isolated from business logic and handled declaratively. This ensures consistency and eliminates duplication, offering developers a clear view of the structure and relationships of services in an integration application.
Where Do I Get This Goodness?
The SwitchYard Downloads page has all the SwitchYard bits and pieces. I highly recommend following the Installation Guide to install the runtime and tooling. The guides are short, moderately useful, and 67% free of spelling and grammatical errors.
How Do I Learn More?
- We have training guides and labs specifically designed to get new users up and running. Check it out in the SwitchYard Learning repository.
- Check out the SwitchYard Documentation which contains a whole bunch of useful stuff.
- Watch some awesome videos and learn all about SwitchYard in our SwitchYard Video Series.
- Take a gander at our Quickstart applications. Run them as is and see SwitchYard in action. Or change some stuff and see what blows up.
- SwitchYard 2.1.0.Final now available
- Aug 26, 2016 10:49 AM by Tom Cunningham
- The SwitchYard team has finished up work on SwitchYard 2.1.0.Final. This release features WildFly 10 support, improvements in the SOAP and REST com…
- SwitchYard 2.0.0.Final now available
- Jun 4, 2015 2:38 PM by Tom Cunningham
- It took longer than expected, but the SwitchYard team has toned up their final product and is happy to hit the beach with SwitchYard 2.0.0.Final, just…
- SwitchYard 2.0.0.Beta1 Now Available
- Dec 23, 2014 5:25 PM by Rob Cernich
- The SwitchYard team has been working like busy little elves this holiday season: filing edges, knocking off corners, sanding, painting and polishing S…
- SwitchYard 2.0.0.Alpha3 Now Available
- Oct 13, 2014 5:28 PM by Rob Cernich
- The SwitchYard team has been making steady progress on the 2.0 release and I'm pleased to announce the latest preview of SwitchYard 2.0, Alpha3. We'r…
- SwitchYard 2.0.0.Alpha2 Now Available
- Jun 11, 2014 6:28 PM by Rob Cernich
- It's been a while since we've seen anything from SwitchYard Land, but I'm pleased to announce the first preview of SwitchYard 2.0. The community has …
- View more switchyard blog